Nutrition and Healing

Friday, February 3, 2012

Common Questions

Q:What if I had a children a long time ago, can I still benefit from this technique?
A: Absolutely. It doesn't matter how long ago your diastasis was created, you can still make significant improvement in your diastasis and waistline as you heal it.

Q: How long will it take to heal my diastasis?
A: Healing time is very individual and depends on the:
1: depth and width of the diastasis ( a diastasis that is deeper with weak connective tissue will take longer to heal - than a wide one with shallower connective tissue)
2: Commitment to the 4 step program of the Tupler Technique
Most people will notice a difference in less than 3 weeks and a significant improvement in 6 weeks as they start to heal their diastasis.

Q: My core and back are weak, will I still benefit from this technique if I don't have a diastasis? Or I have a belly, but I don't know if its caused by a diastasis, will this still help?
A: Yes. Most people that have a diastasis are not aware of it and its symptoms, and all will benefit from the inward motion of these exercises increasing their core strength and organ support and decreasing back pain.

Q: Can I do crunches, v-sits, pilates 100 again after I close my diastasis?
A: NO!!! It is physically impossible to hold the belly button to the spine with these exercises. Only do exercises in wich you can work the core correctly ad hold the belly button to the spine. These exercises create a forward forceful movement at the belly button, which will re-create your diastasis and increase belly bulge!

Q: Will this technique help with low back pain, o?
A: Yes, it will help with back pain because the recti muscles are important for back support and cannot fully do their job when separated. When you engage the transverse you are strengthening five muscles in one, the transvere, the obliques, recti, pelvic floor, and multifudi (muscles along spine), and when you strengthen these, you take pressure off your back joints.

No comments:

Post a Comment